Wednesday, October 2, 2024
14.2 C
London

Fredericton bar district assault now homicide probe after victim dies: police  – New Brunswick

Police in Fredericton say their investigation into a “serious assault” in the city’s bar district has now turned into a homicide case, after the death of a 41-year-old victim.

Fredericton bar district assault now homicide probe after victim dies: police  – New Brunswick

In a Wednesday morning update, police also indicated they had identified the persons of interest in the case, after releasing images of the group earlier in the week.

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Get daily National news

Get the day’s top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Fredericton Police Force said the assault happened in the early morning hours of Sept. 22.

“The New Brunswick Coroner’s Office has advised that the 41-year-old male who was assaulted, has passed away as a result of the injuries sustained,” police said in a release.

“The incident was initially investigated as a serious assault by the Force’s Major Crime Unit when two males were assaulted, one seriously. The other male sustained minor injuries.”

A police spokesperson declined an interview about the investigation.




Source link

Hot this week

European stocks closed stable despite fears of escalation in the Middle East

Stock movements "Indicator stabilized"Stokes 600"At the level of...

About half of the 7,000 Nova Scotians waiting for public housing are seniors – Halifax

By The Staff The Canadian Press Posted October 2, 2024...

Roundtable puts the focus on school shootings

WESTTOWN – School shootings are still occurring. With the beginning...

Iran’s president warns Israel of “harsher consequences” if it attacks his country

On his first visit to Doha, Pezeshkian said...

Topics

spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img